Hear from informed Redondo Beach residents Grace Peng, PhD, and Matthew Hinsley, Planning Commissioner, about important considerations to keep in mind with the housing element. We are hoping to have a civil discussion to listen, learn, and effect change.
- How does the climate and housing crisis intersect with RHNA? Can we look at housing policy as one way to work towards social justice and racial equity? How can Redondo Beach residents productively voice suggestions to the city council?
- Let's take a step back and thoughtfully consider our vision for Redondo Beach and how the housing element can be part of that.
Register here for the Friday, May 7 panel at 7:30pm.
- Matthew Hinsley presented an overview of the Housing Element process for Redondo Beach.
- Grace Peng detailed the connections between housing, climate, transportation, and equity.
You can also access the meeting recording here.
Listen in at the City Council meetings!
- 5/11/2021: Council to allocate approx 2400 of 2800 housing units in district 5. Recording here.
- 5/18/2021: Council to present updated density calculations by planning staff.