A few years ago, I became more aware of politics and current events. I privately sought a way to be involved locally that could make a big impact. Pre-pandemic, I had underestimated the role of schools within the greater community. After the pandemic started, I quickly realized how significantly schools impacted everyday community life. I felt compelled to come off the sidelines, and decided to just jump in.
I am your independent, crossover candidate. I have no entrenched ties to any group nor am focused on just 1-2 issues; instead, I am in the trenches with everyone:
- I am your teacher's husband: my wife of 10 years, Denise, has been a teacher in TUSD for 20 years; my brother and sister-in-law are teachers.
- I am your educator: with a bachelor of science and master of engineering from Cornell and architecture from Harvard, I taught at Otis College, UCLAx, and FIDM.
- I am your small business owner: I founded BLANKSPACES coworking; my parents were small business owners.
- I am your parent: I have 2 kids who attend Tulita Elementary.
- I am your community leader: I have led community organizations for decades ever since becoming an Eagle Scout.
- I am your community responder: I am certified as a Community Emergency Response Team (CERT) by the City of LA.
I listen to all sides, because I've been on all sides.
I listen, learn, then lead.
A vote for me is a vote for us.